Fast Track Bridge – a different way to learn
We are all very excited here at EBED with our new publication, Fast Track Bridge.
Fast Track Bridge is our latest learning programme. The course work book adds to our portfolio of Bridge for All learning publications, Beginning Bridge Book One and Continuing Bridge Book Two.
To find out more about the options available through Bridge for All, and to see how there is a book and course suitable for everyone, please watch the video below:
About Fast Track Bridge
Fast Track Bridge is unique in that it provides our teachers the opportunity to use the national learning programme in a variety of settings other than the traditional three terms of learning including holiday bridge, taster bridge and stand alone short courses. The programme can be delivered over 24 hours of learning.
Who is it for?
- This course is aimed at those students who would like to learn quickly (and capable of learning quickly) and progress to playing as soon as they are able.
- It is a new course and it is aimed at a different clientele to the Beginning Bridge Book 1 & Continuing Bridge Book 2 student.
- The book can be used as material for self-study.
- Time strapped students who prefer a crash course in a short time period rather than the steadier pace over two or three terms of learning.
- Ideal for returners to get back into the game.
- Four students who pay exclusively for a bespoke course
The different settings in which it can be used are:
- For ‘Holiday Bridge’ - this may be ‘learn to play bridge in a weekend’ , cruises or midweek hotel breaks (Monday to Friday)
- At bridge clubs - increase membership by fast-tracking over just a few weeks in to soft duplicate or practice play sessions with the intention of integrating into club sessions
- For Summer Taster Sessions - run the course for five consecutive days and then embark on Continuing Bridge and/or Practice Play sessions in the Autumn
- Private class for four students
- It is ideal for returners to get back into the game
- Gives teachers the flexibility to fit in courses around their own schedule
Fast Track Bridge has been extensively trialled, and received excellent feedback.
- "The content was comprehensive and the fact that participants could play hands in conjunction with the teaching really helped reinforce what we were learning."
- "It was great how quickly we got playing and how well the course led us from one thing to the next"
- "Couldn’t possibly be better"
Of the ten participants who attended one course, none would have been able to learn via a 'three term' method, so we are delighted that it looks to be bringing new people in to the game.
Grab a copy
The course book is now available for sale, along with the associated Teachers Notes. Duplimate files for the practice hands are available to be downloaded via the "Resources" link in the Teacher Zone (accessible for EBTA members via My EBU).
For information on purchasing the course book please contact Lisa Miller, 01296 317217.